1) Just breathe! Simply sit and concentrate on nothing other than your breath for 10 minutes, making sure to take deep breaths in and out.
2) Take a warm shower. Nothing feels quite a wonderful as warm, steamy water running down your back.
3) Practice eye-gazing. Ask a friend to sit straight across from you and gaze continually in each other’s eyes with warmth and care.
4) Take a hike! Get outside and get some fresh air, even if it is just a trip around the block.
5) Say an affirmation. Find or create your own affirmation declaring your intent to be relaxed and stress-free. Write it out or repeat out loud for several minutes.
6) Listen to music. Usually we have music as background noise. Take a few minutes and – doing nothing else— listen to whatever music is relaxing to you. Need an idea: try Enya: Caribbean Blue
7) Cuddle your pet. Spending a few minutes with your fur baby helps you focus on something outside of yourself and is a warm and fuzzy de-stressor.
8) Stretch your body. Take a time-out and simply stand and touch your toes .Then turn your body side to side, raising your arms up in the air. If you aren’t in the middle of an office, do a few yoga poses or dance to music on the radio.
9) Brew some tea. One of these herbs or a mix of all are calming: chamomile, nettles, lemon balm, lavender, and mint.
10) Look in the mirror. Smile and tell yourself how much you love yourself and what a great job you are doing managing so many different tasks in your busy life.